The "AddIns" parameter is not supported by the "PostSharp21" task.

michael.freidgeim

07 Aug, 2012 02:47 AM

I have the same error that was reported in http://support.sharpcrafters.com/discussions/problems/242-postsharp...
C:\Program Files\PostSharp 2.1\PostSharp.targets(321,17): error MSB4064: The "AddIns" parameter is not supported by the "PostSharp21" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.
C:\Program Files\PostSharp 2.1\PostSharp.targets(303,5): error MSB4063: The "PostSharp21" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.
But the error happens on build machine, where we don't have VS running.
The errors start to happened after PostSharp was installed on the build server
The errors reported only for some(not all) projects in the solution. I've tried to disable PostSharp for these projects, but it didn't help.

Any more details about possible reasons will be appreciated.
Is it save to delete AddIns="@(PostSharpAddIn)" from in C:\Program Files\PostSharp 2.1\PostSharp.targets?

1. 2 Posted by michael.freidgeim on 08 Aug, 2012 02:01 AM

To workaround the issue I've started to add (I am using [ instead of angle brackets, stripped by the editor)
    [PropertyGroup] [dontImportPostSharp]True[/dontImportPostSharp] [/PropertyGroup] for each failing project(all of them not using PostSharp), but next build shows new failing projects. Update more than 50 projects in the solution didn't attract me, so I updated C:\Program Files\PostSharp 2.1\PostSharp.targets to remove AddIns="@(PostSharpAddIn)"
    (Changing to AddIns="$(PostSharpAddIn)" instead of @, as suggested in http://support.sharpcrafters.com/discussions/problems/194-error-in-... didn't help). I had to remove AddIns in relative to solution [Import Project="........\packages\PostSharp.2.1.7.6\tools\PostSharp.targets" ] for projects that are using PostSharp
    I now have successful builds, but I prefer to have correct fix, rather than workaround.

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by sharpcrafters on 09 Aug, 2012 11:55 AM

Hi Michael,
    we will be looking into the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by sharpcrafters on 13 Aug, 2012 12:46 PM

The problem is typically due to a version conflict between PostSharp.targets and PostSharp.MSbuild.dll. Typically, Visual Studio would cache PostSharp.MSbuild.dll so you need to restart Visual Studio after upgrade. It can also happen that you are using several versions of PostSharp on the same machine (for instance through NuGet), and Visual Studio would load and cache only the version that has been loaded first. This issue has been solved in Visual Studio 2012.

4. sharpcrafters closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2012 12:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac