Since installing Postsharp, Visual Studio 2017 build and Run starts the wrong configuration

avistokar

09 Aug, 2017 09:29 PM

If I switch build configurations from debug to beta or visa versa, the wrong one is built. I deleted the bin folder in Solution Explorer and watch as VS creates the wrong folder. Restarting Visual studio resolves it but only until the next time I switch build configurations

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 10 Aug, 2017 09:26 AM

Hello,

We would like to ask you for more details about this issue.

What version of PostSharp VS Extension and/or PostSharp NuGet packages do you have installed?
    Can you reproduce the issue with a project that doesn't reference any PostSharp NuGet packages when PostSharp VS Extension is installed?
    Can you reproduce the issue with a project that references PostSharp NuGet packages when PostSharp VS Extension is not installed?

We would also like to ask for a full build log of your project with MSBuild output set to diagnostic ("Build and Run" options in VS).

-alex

2. 2 Posted by avistokar on 10 Aug, 2017 01:54 PM

I'm not sure what I did but it seems to have resolved.

3. 3 Posted by avistokar on 10 Aug, 2017 04:12 PM

I was mistaken, the problem goes away completely with a restart and I am unsure what triggers a re-occurrence. I have perused the build using diagnositc level and the correct config is being built; however, the setting (i.e. define DEBUG constant and Optimize code are not being updated when changing configs once the error condition occurs). I will try to figure out what is triggering it

4. 4 Posted by avistokar on 18 Aug, 2017 03:30 PM

I don't think that this related to Postsharp, it was a build config problem.

5. avistokar closed this discussion on 18 Aug, 2017 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac