50 classes limitation

yeneralemdaroglu

08 Sep, 2017 03:10 PM

Hello,
I have a license for postsharp but for one of my projects Visual Studio says
"License error. The project uses non-licensed features. It is not allowed to enhance or analyze more than 50 classes in each solution by features not covered by the installed licenses. Please visit https://www.postsharp.net/purchase to acquire a license of PostSharp."
Can you help?

Thanks...

1. 1 Posted by yeneralemdarogl... on 09 Sep, 2017 07:46 AM

Hello,

Can you help please? I can not build my project!!

Thanks...

Yener

2. 2 Posted by yeneralemdarogl... on 09 Sep, 2017 11:34 AM

My project builds when I compile it using version 4.3.37 but it does not compile when I use version 5.0.32. Why is this? My license is PostSharp Professional. I still have maintenance time left.

Thanks...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 10 Sep, 2017 01:22 PM

Hello,

PostSharp 4.x and PostSharp 5.x have different behaviors when unlicensed features are used in the project.

PostSharp 4.x allows unlimited use of some basic features without a license (e.g. simple OnMethodBoundary aspects). More complex features cannot be used without a license at all (e.g. complex aspect classes with advice methods).

PostSharp 5.x allows use of any feature without a license but only on up to 10 target classes per project, 50 classes per solution.

We need to identify which feature is used in your project that is not covered by the Professional license. Are there any other related messages present in the build output? One feature that comes to mind is Logging. PostSharp Diagnostics is not included in the Professional license of PostSharp 5.0 (and the license is renamed to PostSharp Framework). Diagnostics library has been completely rewritten in 5.0, you can find more information about upgrade on this page [http://doc.postsharp.net/logging-upgrade]. Note, that it would also mean upgrading your license.

To detect all the features used that are not covered by the license, please also build your project with PostSharpTraceLicensing enabled and attach the output to this discussion. You can follow the instructions on this page [http://doc.postsharp.net/express-limitations], section "Diagnosing licensing issues".

-alex

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 19 Sep, 2017 12:34 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

5. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 19 Sep, 2017 12:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac