PDB files is not generating and Vs 2015

n_k_manish

17 Sep, 2017 03:19 PM

Hi Team,

I am not able to debug application.I found the pdb file is not generating.our application based on ASP.net web application and solution containing 7 projects. Out of 7 project one project is using vb.net class library project build on 2.0 net framework and ASP.net projects are build on .net framework 4.0 in visual studio 2015. I tried to configure with postsharp 4.3.33.It is not allowing build project for .net 2.0 framework.Here is my question how to configure the postsharp 4.3 or 5.0 build the application having .net framework before 3.5 like 2.0,3.0.? As per my understand 4.3 will support vs 2015 with .net framework with 3.5 and above 4.0 ....So it not allowing the build 2.0.

So i Moved down to postsharp 3.1.I used 3.1.46 compile the code by adding vb.net 2.0 framework to support runtime v2.0.50727.It is complied successfully.but debug is not happening because pdb is not generating. when i disable the postsharp the pdb file is generation.I checked the below items.Even i changed debugtype to pdbonly.but it issue still same.Need ful help.What other thing i need to check.so application is able to debug.
  <PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
    <DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols>
    <DebugType>full</DebugType>
    <Optimize>false</Optimize>
    <OutputPath>bin\Debug\</OutputPath>
    <DefineConstants>DEBUG;TRACE</DefineConstants>
    <ErrorReport>prompt</ErrorReport>
    <WarningLevel>4</WarningLevel>
    <Prefer32Bit>false</Prefer32Bit>
  </PropertyGroup>

Thanks,
Kumar Manish

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 19 Sep, 2017 08:42 AM

Hello,

I have tested this on the latest 3.1.75 using both VB and C# and it seems to work. Could it be some specific problem with your project? Have you tried the latest 3.1 version? Have you tried on a new project?

Note that 3.1 is not supported anymore and we are not able to release any patches.

Best regards,
    Daniel

2. 2 Posted by n_k_manish on 19 Sep, 2017 05:20 PM

Hi Daniel,

Today i upgrade with 3.1.75 build. PDB file is generating but facing one issue.it is generating multiple pdb file for project and its depended project pdb and like for each project in solution. How to resolved this problem.? If i disable the postsharp. it is generating single pdb. So i appreciate.

Thanks,
    Kumar Manish

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 21 Sep, 2017 10:12 AM

Hello,

what do you mean by multiple PDB? Dependent project's PDB should be copied along with the DLL.

Does it result in any bad behavior.

I apologize, I'm not able to imagine it.

Best,
    Daniel

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 09 Oct, 2017 12:04 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

5. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2017 12:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac