page is not working and asking Try clearing your cookies

n_k_manish

17 Sep, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Team,

our application based on ASP.net web application and solution containing 7 projects. Out of 7 project one project is using vb.net class library project build on 2.0 net framework and ASP.net projects are build on .net framework 4.0 in visual studio 2015.I configure the application using postsharp with 3.1.46 and compile the code by adding vb.net 2.0 framework to support runtime v2.0.50727.It is complied successfully.Application launch with page is not working and asking for Try clearing your cookies.Please find the screen shot in attachment.I tried to clear the cookies and chache. but every time getting same error.Then troubleshout and found only one project having problem. if i disable the postsharp is working fine.Then i troubleshoot again and try to find which class is creating problem.So i checked the log i found the below line are checking some cookies information.
XXXX. Web.CastleWindsor.ControllerLogInterceptor :: ManageAppVersionCookie() :: STARTED
XXX.Web.CastleWindsor.WindsorControllerFactory :: ReleaseController({en,System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker,System.Web.HttpContextWrapper,System.Web.Mvc.ModelStateDictionary,System.Web.HttpRequestWrapper,System.Web.HttpResponseWrapper,System.Web.Routing.RouteData,System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper,System.Web.HttpSessionStateWrapper,System.Web.Mvc.SessionStateTempDataProvider,System.Web.Mvc.UrlHelper,System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal,System.Web.Mvc.ControllerContext,System.Web.Mvc.TempDataDictionary,True,System.Web.Mvc.ValueProviderCollection,System.Web.Mvc.DynamicViewDataDictionary,System.Web.Mvc.ViewDataDictionary}[Castle.Proxies.HomeControllerProxy]) :: STARTED cluprit is this class
Web.CastleWindsor.ControllerLogInterceptor :: ManageAppVersionCookie() :: END

If i skipped this class.then cookies error gone.Please do needful help.factory class creating problem.I really want to know how the postsharp handle.As per my application i should not skip any class.Please let me know without skip the class.how to fix this problem.what are the thing i need to takecare. So i am thankful to you.

Thanks,
Kumar Manish

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 19 Sep, 2017 09:00 AM

Hello,

I don't understand what this problem has to do with PostSharp. It seems like a bug in the aspect code. Can you elaborate?

PostSharp itself only transforms the code, it does not do any specific logic in relation to web pages. I'm no expert on ASP.NET but I would expect some infinite cycle or redirects. Hence, I would check aspect code including exception flow (exception handler throwing an exception) or any other possible infinite cycle cause.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Daniel

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 02 Oct, 2017 03:23 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

3. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2017 03:23 PM.

4. n_k_manish re-opened this discussion on 02 Oct, 2017 05:31 PM

5. 3 Posted by n_k_manish on 02 Oct, 2017 05:31 PM

Thanks Team for you response. I am able to fix this problem in differently. But I have one concern. Recently I am facing so many issue related to session and cookies in debug mode. lots of issue are working fine after post sharp configuration without debug mode. Above question I provide solution differently. Client can maintains the source code differently. After configure the PS the source code should shelve set. Whatever version of source code your download after that complied and run the Release not in debug. So client will not impact the working code. Or during debug disable the post sharp.But my concern is why in debug we are facing so many cookies and session issue in debug mode.? how the postsharp is handling debug mode the session and cookies issues.

Thanks,
    Kumar Manish

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 03 Oct, 2017 09:08 AM

Hello,

PostSharp may behave differently in Debug and Release build. For example PostSharp doesn't throw runtime verification exceptions for threading models.It is very difficult to answer your questions without seeing an actual code.

Please, could you send us an example of your PostSharp aspects?

-jakub

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 06 Nov, 2017 12:45 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

8. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 06 Nov, 2017 12:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac