Logging to Enterprise Libary

erich.wessely

15 Nov, 2017 05:31 PM

Hi,
I'm trying to implement logging to Entlib 6. I added the via nuget Entlib 6, Postsharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.EntrepriseLibrary (dependencies added automatically).
When compiling I get the following error:

The plug-in "PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.Weaver" required by "PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.ILogAspect" was not found.

Any hints?
br
Erich

1. 1 Posted by erich.wessely on 19 Nov, 2017 10:45 AM

Does nobody can give any hint? Same problem with 5.0.38....

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 20 Nov, 2017 12:06 AM

Hello,

Please make sure that you have PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics NuGet package installed in your project.

When adding PostSharp logging to your project, first you need to install the general package PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics. Then install the package for the chosen back-end, in your case Postsharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.EntrepriseLibrary. The back-end packages are run-time packages and do not have a dependency on the build-time weaver package. For more information, please refer to the documentation - http://doc.postsharp.net/add-logging

Once the PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics package is installed, the required PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.Weaver.dll should be located in packages\PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.5.0.38\tools.

-alex

3. 3 Posted by erich.wessely on 21 Nov, 2017 06:07 PM

Hi Alex,
    thanks for the hint. Adding the packages PostSharp.Patterns.Diagnostics solved my problem.
    I expected when adding Postsharp.Patterns.Diagnostics.EntrepriseLibrary all dependencies would be added automatically.

Erich

4. erich.wessely closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2017 06:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac