Disable "Cannot move file ..." warning

bayer.uwe

23 Nov, 2017 02:53 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Compilation issues after switching from PostSharp version 4.4.20.0 to 5.0.31.0

Hi,

sorry I’m answering in this case as I’m not able to login anymore to open a new case – I always get Account verification message but receive no email.

Actually I have only a short question.

We (Siemens Healthineers Forchheim) have enabled TFS gated check-in to allow check-in only if no compiler warning is reported.

But sporadically we have the following postsharp during compilation which blocks then our check-in of course.

Is there a way to add this warning to the Disabled Message Tag ? If so what is the warning id for that ?

494>d:\BA\131\424\packages\PostSharp.4.2.20\tools\PostSharp.targets(234,5): warning : Cannot move file d:\BA\131\424\CT.Exam\Physio\Test.Int\obj\Debug\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.dll to obj\Debug\Before-PostSharp\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.dll. Waiting 60000 ms. Waiting time can be configured through the "PostSharpLockedFileTimeout" MSBuild property. [d:\BA\131\424\CT.Exam\Physio\Test.Int\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.csproj]
d:\BA\131\424\packages\PostSharp.4.2.20\tools\PostSharp.targets(234,5): warning : Cannot move file d:\BA\131\424\CT.Exam\Physio\Test.Int\obj\Debug\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.dll to obj\Debug\Before-PostSharp\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.dll. Waiting 60000 ms. Waiting time can be configured through the "PostSharpLockedFileTimeout" MSBuild property. [d:\BA\131\424\CT.Exam\Physio\Test.Int\CT.Exam.Physio.Test.Int.csproj]

[cid:[email blocked]]

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: PostSharp Technologies [mailto:[email blocked]]
Gesendet: Montag, 23. Oktober 2017 10:26
An: Bayer, Uwe (HC DI CT R&D ES PT)
Betreff: [PostSharp Support] Compilation issues after switching from PostSharp version 4.4.20.0 to 5.0.31.0

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 23 Nov, 2017 02:54 PM

Hello,

unfortunately you cannot disable this warning directly.

PostSharp waits until an output file produced by C# is free of all locks. If the waiting time exceeds warning timeout then PostSharp emits this warning. PostSharpLockedFileWarningTimeout property specifies warning timeout in milliseconds. If you set this property to a very high number, then the timeout may never hit and PostSharp never emits the timeout warning.

You can set PostSharpLockedFileWarningTimeout property by using build variables (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/build-release/concepts/defini...).

I apologize for the problems with access to our support forum. I have fixed the issue. Please, could you try to sign in again?

Best regards,
    -jakub

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 13 Dec, 2017 02:57 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

3. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2017 02:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac