Warning PS0219 targeting pack for .NET 4.7.2 not installed

Tim Long

03 Jan, 2018 06:08 AM

In my project when I build I'm getting warning PS0219:
Warning PS0219: The targeting pack for target platform ".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2" is either not installed or not properly registered. Please install the appropriate targeting pack. (1, 1)

I'm not targeting .NET 4.7.2 and cannot find any occurrence of the text "4.7.2" anywhere in my solution. I'm actually targeting .NET 4.6.2. I'm using PS tools version 5.0.40 and NuGet packages version 5.0.32

Why is this warning produced? How can I prevent it?
Best regards,
Tim Long

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 04 Jan, 2018 04:32 PM

Hello,

During build PostSharp may need to generate type and assembly mappings between the current run-time platform and the target platform of your project. If PostSharp cannot find some of the files required for this process then it will emit a warning. The warning message and condition were not correct and the fix has been implemented in version 5.0.33.

Please try to upgrade your NuGet packages to the latest version and rebuild your solution. You should receive no warning or a warning with a more clear message depending on the files installed on your machine.

-alex

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 24 Jan, 2018 04:23 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

3. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2018 04:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac