BindingException while building in VS 2015

Bastian

21 Mar, 2018 07:42 AM

Hi,

we're getting the following exception (same as mentioned in another discussion here: http://support.sharpcrafters.com/discussions/problems/2811-exception-while-building-in-vs-2015)

Error Unhandled exception (4.1.25.0, postsharp.srv.4.0-x86.exe, CLR 4.0.30319.394271, Release): PostSharp.Sdk.CodeModel.BindingException: Cannot find a method named 'CurrentClientContextActivateLogicComponents' with signature '(Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext, Solutions2Share.Common.Client.SharePointContext, string) : Solutions2Share.Common.Interfaces.IActivateLogicComponents' in scope 'Solutions2Share.Common.Factories.ApplicationLogicFactory`3<TLogicComponentsFacadeInterface,TLogicComponentsFacadeClass,TApplicationLogicFactoryMap>' (module = 'Solutions2Share.Common.2013.Client.dll').
   at PostSharp.Sdk.CodeModel.Collections.MethodDefDeclarationCollection.GetMethod(String name, IMethodSignature signature, BindingOptions bindingOptions)
   at PostSharp.Sdk.CodeModel.MethodRefDeclaration.GetMethodDefinition(BindingOptions bindingOptions)
   at PostSharp.Sdk.Extensibility.Tasks.IndexGenericInstancesTask.Execute()
   at PostSharp.Sdk.Extensibility.Project.ExecutePhase(String phase)
   at PostSharp.Sdk.Extensibility.Project.Execute()
   at PostSharp.Hosting.PostSharpObject.ExecuteProjects()
   at PostSharp.Hosting.PostSharpObject.InvokeProject(ProjectInvocation projectInvocation).

In the discussion mentioned above there is a solution to install a update to 4.1.25.0, what we did. But the problem is still there.

Can you give us any advice?

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 21 Mar, 2018 09:21 AM

Hello, to which version of PostSharp have you updated? The supported versions at the moment are 4.3 and 5.0. You can also try the preview version 5.1.

If you keep running into this issue with these versions as well, send us please a detailed build log so we can investigate the cause. You can obtain it by building your project using MSBuild command with /v:d argument.

May I ask you to send us the number in your license key delimited by a dash from the rest of the key as well?

Best regards,
    -tony

2. 2 Posted by Bastian on 22 Mar, 2018 02:26 PM

Hi,

thanks for your quick response! I will give it a try with the update. In the past we couldn't update to a newer version because of the license. Now we've got a new one and i will try it. As soon as i've tried it, i will give a response here (probably tuesday next week).

The number in the License key is 101757.

One question: Which version do you recommend? .Net Framework needs to be v4.5 in our projects.

Best regards,
    Bastian

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 23 Mar, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi Bastian,

both PostSharp 4.3 and PostSharp 5.0 support targeting to .NET Framework 4.5. If you plan to use Visual Studio 2017, you'll need to update to PostSharp 5.x. If you plan to target .NET Core/.NET Standard and/or reference .NET Core/.NET Standard libraries in your projects, I'd recommend PostSharp 5.1, which fixes some issues regarding targeting and referencing .NET Core and .NET Standard. However, PostSharp 5.1 is not RTM yet.

Generally, the best is to use the highest version to avoid any issues.

For differences between PostSharp 4.3 and PostSharp 5.0, see http://doc.postsharp.net/whats-new-50.

Best regards,
    -tony

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 11 Apr, 2018 03:24 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

5. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac