Exception in Aspect code

w230769

29 May, 2018 04:54 PM

Hi,

I get an exception in my code, however, I do not see it in my Stack trace, I only see external and your code.
The funny thing is is that this is caused by a Background Task that is loading serialized objects from disk in my factories.

Is there a way to have a better stack, have the feeling that you're grabbing my stack...

Walter

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 31 May, 2018 07:41 AM

Hello,

aspect code is by default hidden if it is not on top of the call stack. You can disable this feature in PostSharp -> Options -> Debugging -> Show aspect code on call stack. Usually you have at least some user code shown to be able to locate yourself, which makes this quite interesting case.

We would be grateful if you could send us call stack after disabling aspect code hiding and Just My Code (Debug -> Options -> Enable Just My Code) - all three combinations, just so that we can be sure we are not grabbing too much...

Thanks a lot.

Best,
    Daniel

2. 2 Posted by w230769 on 31 May, 2018 08:57 AM

Hi Daniel

As mentioned, the error was in my code, I have fixed it, I will surely make a new error in the near future, I will leave the settings as is and send you the output using the above-mentioned options.

Thanks for the help

Walter

3. 3 Posted by w230769 on 07 Jun, 2018 08:06 AM

Hi,

I have received following error and generated a snippet to show the stack as per your request, the code providing the exception is:

void IEWrapper.tickReqParams(int tickerId, double minTick, string bboExchange, int snapshotPermissions)
            {
                throw new NotImplementedException();
            }
    Feel free to close the ticket unless you'd like me to generate some other data.

Kind regards

Walter

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 08 Jun, 2018 10:04 AM

Hello,

Thank you for sending us the additional information about the issue. We have filed a bug in our internal bug tracker (#16153) and we may get back to you with more questions later. For now, could you please verify if any aspects are used in IBClient.cs, EReader.cs, EDecoder.cs?

Best regards,
    Alex

5. 5 Posted by w230769 on 08 Jun, 2018 02:51 PM

Hi,

Indirectly INotifyChanged in the classes used in IBClient and EDecoder.

6. w230769 closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2018 06:17 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac