Error being thrown on build

dom

30 May, 2018 04:10 PM

Hi
I have been using PS 5.1.8 but recently started to get out of memory exceptions when I ran a build. Most times these would disappear if I ran the build a second time but today that stopped happening. So I checked Nuget and found that there was a new build available in preview and I downloaded it. On Building my project I got the errors you can see in the attached text file. It also threw and unhandled exception and popped up a dialog box to report it to you which I duly did.

Any suggestions as to what might be the issue here?

Regards

Dom

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 31 May, 2018 08:31 AM

Hello,

thanks for reporting the issue - can you please send us full diagnostics build log? (msbuild YourProject.csproj /t:Rebuild /v:diag > log.txt 2>&1)

If you could also attach the csproj file in question it would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Daniel

2. 2 Posted by dom on 01 Jun, 2018 05:40 AM

Hi Daniel

Please accept my apologies for not getting back to you earlier. Normally I get an e mail following posts here but for some reason I didn't when you replied. Anyway attached is the full output text from the build along with the cs proj file you wanted. In the meantime I have had to revert back to the last RTM version which does at least build.
    Regards

Dom

3. 3 Posted by dom on 01 Jun, 2018 05:55 AM

Hi Daniel

Quick correction to my last post. I in fact reverted to 5.1.8 . I then did a build, which failed (output text attached) and followed that immediately with a another build which succeeded. This has only started happening since updating to the latest rtm version of Visual studio (15.7) following the spring creators update to windows.

The very latest preview of PostSharp will not successfully build under any circumstances.

Regards

Dom

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 01 Jun, 2018 10:05 AM

Hello,

build log you have attached is actually not diagnostics log, it's a Visual Studio log, which does not contain information I need. You have to either enable diagnostic level logging in Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> Build and Run -> MSBuild project build output verbosity or run the command I have wrote above, better on the whole solution:

msbuild YourSolution.sln /t:Rebuild /v:diag > log.txt 2>&1

thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Daniel

5. 5 Posted by dom on 01 Jun, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi Daniel

My apologies, this should be what you need I hope.

Regards

Dom

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 04 Jun, 2018 08:29 AM

Hello Dom,

could you please try the newly released 6.0.11-preview? We have changed logic around platform detection and it might fix your problems. We would be grateful for feedback.

Thanks!

Best,
    Daniel

7. 7 Posted by dom on 04 Jun, 2018 09:32 AM

Hi Daniel

I have just installed the latest preview across the solution and then set about a build. I'm sorry to have to report that I'm still seeing the same problem. I have attached the full diagnostic output from the build.

Even preview 5.1.8 is now proving to be more troublesome that it had been, so it looks for the time being as if using the last rtm release is the best option from my perspective.

Regards

Dom

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 05 Jun, 2018 05:42 PM

Hello,

We did more investigation regarding the error "Unknown framework name: '.NETPlatform,Version=v5.0'". This target framework moniker has been used in the earlier versions of netstandard 1.x and is now deprecated. We suspect that one of the references in your project has been built using older SDK and has this moniker embedded in the assembly.

To validate this theory we would like to review the *.dll files referenced by your project. The most suspiciously looking are VtlErsBuyersSalesNoteTransform.dll and VtlRbsTransform.dll. Could you please send us the content of your project's bin folder as an archive?

-alex

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 07 Jun, 2018 12:00 PM

Hello,

we have identified the cause of this problem. We have filed this bug as issue #16147 and we will notify you as soon as it's been fixed.

For more details on our support policies and prioritization of bug fixes, please visit https://www.postsharp.net/support/policies.

Does the latest PostSharp 5.0 work for you in the meanwhile?

Best regards,
    -tony

10. 10 Posted by dom on 07 Jun, 2018 12:04 PM

Hi Tony

Thanks for letting me know, in answer to your question The latest stable version does work, yes.

Regards

Dom

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 07 Jun, 2018 01:10 PM

Great, thank you for reporting the bug and sharing all the information.

We're closing the ticket for now as the bug has been internally filed as issue #16147. As I said before, we will contact you as soon as the bug fix has been released.

Best regards,
    -tony

12. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2018 01:10 PM.

13. PostSharp Technologies re-opened this discussion on 11 Jun, 2018 01:22 PM

14. Support Staff 12 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 11 Jun, 2018 01:22 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as we believe it was solved in PostSharp 6.0.12. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Best regards,

-gael

15. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 11 Jun, 2018 01:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac