System out of memory exceptions on build

dom

24 Jul, 2018 10:07 AM

Hi

Using the latest version of PostSharp (6.0.21) in wpf project targeting dotnet framework 7.1

I am getting some odd exceptions regarding system out of memory when trying to build my project. The attached text file shows the error messages I'm getting , but in truth they don't tell one that much.

One odd thing that I have noticed since the upgrade are the redirects in the app.config file. One appears to be correct, the other two do not, might this be the issue?

Regards

Dom

1. 1 Posted by dom on 24 Jul, 2018 11:20 AM

Hi

Looks as if this might be to do with logging. I'm using a combination of PS and Loupe (which has been working superbly).

Attached is the error message, and the way that logging is currently configured. I'm just currently reading through the documentation to see if in fact I now need to make changes, however this was working with the first 6.0 release and with 6.0.18 so I'd have thought that in that case what I have would be fine.

Dom

2. 2 Posted by dom on 24 Jul, 2018 02:19 PM

If I drop back and target dotNet 4.7 I get a successful build. Not sure why, but I can continue to work and I do get logging.

Dom

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 25 Jul, 2018 04:21 PM

Hello,

The first thing we can suggest is to check whether you have any compiled images installed in PostSharp options. Please uninstall any compiled images and try to rebuild your project.

-alex

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 07 Aug, 2018 01:38 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as there have not been any further updates. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Thanks,
    PostSharp Team

5. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 07 Aug, 2018 01:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac