Unable to detect compatible .net core runtime v 6.0.21

Esben Bach

30 Jul, 2018 06:08 AM

I upgraded to 6.0.21 for one of my solutions, and I now get an error explaining that my version of dotnet.exe does not support --list-runtimes and error about not finding a compatible version.

Errors:

The version of dotnet.exe installed on your computer does not support the --list-runtimes flag. Please install a more recent version.
Unable to detect compatible .NET Core runtime version to execute PostSharp. Please report this error via https://www.postsharp.net/support. .NET Core runtime version for executing PostSharp can be set explicitly using PostSharpToolsRuntimeVersion MSBuild property. The version has to be compatible with the target framework of your project.

Not surprisingly I don't have the correct .NET core runtime version installed. You might consider expanding the error message with a "minimum version of .NET Core SDK" or some such, for instance dotnet.exe v 2.1.202 is built using the .NET Core 2.0 Runtime and does not have that option - im not sure when it got there, but at least v 2.1.300 has it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 30 Jul, 2018 09:05 AM

Esben, thank you for the feedback. The error message will be fixed in the next build.

-gael

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 14 Aug, 2018 03:48 PM

Hello,

The confusing error message regarding the .NET Core SDK version has been fixed in PostSharp build 6.0.23.

-alex

3. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 14 Aug, 2018 03:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac