Step into Aspects not working

bschenz

09 Aug, 2017 04:53 PM

I have a class library that contains my aspects, then a console application to test the aspects. running the console app and having Step into aspects checked, the debugger never steps into the aspect. running 5.0.31

1. 1 Posted by bschenz on 09 Aug, 2017 05:51 PM

I added the full PostSharp Nuget Package to the Console app in addition to the PostSharp.Redist package and now it appears to be working. What are the differences between these two and what do I need on build server?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 10 Aug, 2017 09:10 AM

Hello,

Normally you should reference the PostSharp package, which contains all the required build tools and extensions. The PostSharp.Redist (redistributable) package is installed automatically as a dependency of PostSharp and it contains the PostSharp.dll library required at run-time.

When you want to package your own library as a NuGet package, then your NuGet package should declare dependency on PostSharp.Redist package. This way when users install your NuGet package they will also get PostSharp.dll as a dependency. At the same time the users will be spared from automatically installing PostSharp build tools into their project.

-alex

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 21 Aug, 2017 12:13 PM

Hello,

We are going to close this request as we believe it was solved. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Best regards,
    PostSharp Team

4. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2017 12:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac