PostSharp logging in wpf applications

dom

20 Dec, 2017 08:38 AM

Hi

This isn't so much a question as more of an observation. I'm using PostSharp in the application I'm building and have now got round to implement logging via a combination of PostSharp and Loupe. To describe it as impressive would be an understatement. I have however noticed one small side effect of having this combination as illustrated in the attachment. I know that these supposed errors when viewing xaml files aren't of any consequence given that once it's built they disappear. I was just wondering though if there might be a design time hack to supress them?

regards

Dom

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 20 Dec, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi Dom,

We'll work on this problem in PostSharp 5.1.
    A temporary workaround is to initialize logging in a module initializer (see http://doc.postsharp.net/module-initializer). Ideally you can detect the current process name and set the logging backend to NullLoggingBackend when you detect you're in the designer process.

I hope this helps.

-gael

2. 2 Posted by dom on 20 Dec, 2017 08:49 AM

Many thanks Gael, I'll try doing just that.

Regards

Dom

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 24 Jan, 2018 04:38 PM

Hello,

We're closing the ticket for now as the bug has been internally filed as issue #15718. We will contact you as soon as the bug fix has been released.

For more details on our support policies and prioritization of bug fixes, please visit https://www.postsharp.net/support/policies

PostSharp Team

4. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2018 04:38 PM.

5. PostSharp Technologies re-opened this discussion on 21 Feb, 2018 06:00 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 21 Feb, 2018 06:00 PM

Hello,

the bug #15718 has been fixed in the current preview release of PostSharp 5.1.4.
    Should you need further help with this issue, don't hesitate to re-open this discussion.

Best regards,
    Alex

7. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2018 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac