How can i use PostSharp in UWP project?

michal.debiec

26 Aug, 2018 01:21 PM

You asked to contact Support Team i case of using PostSharp in UWP project. So do You have any tips to make it possible?
I tried to move ViewModels to .NetStandard assembly, but it only helps with NotifyPropertyChanged attribute. I can not use CommandAttribute. I also can not reference Prism Library in .Net Standard project, so it makes entire PostSharp XAML support useless in UWP (which i current windows developement platform). Please make something about that fast.

Best Regards
Michał Dębiec

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 27 Aug, 2018 01:31 PM

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us regarding the UWP support. We are asking our users to contact support to get a sense of the demand for UWP. Unfortunately, the demand is very low right now. Accordingly, the UWP support still has a low priority in our backlog and is not currently planned for the upcoming release.

At the moment, we can only promise that we will keep monitoring the demand, and if it gets high enough we will start implementing the UWP support.

If PostSharp is not useful to you without UWP support, then you can request a refund from us.

Best regards,
    -alex

2. 2 Posted by michal.debiec on 27 Aug, 2018 02:30 PM

It is hard to imagine a company, that is starting new Project using WPF. XAML aspects are very usefull in XAML applications, but WPF will not longer be used for new projects. UWP is getting popular. When a company hears "UWP support still has a low priority in our backlog and is not currently planned for the upcoming release", it is ready to drop PoshSharp use, because it can not wait, for possible future release.

It is hard to convince deciders to purchase PostSharp (its pricy) and thing like that are not helping too. Please consider UWP support.

I have managed to use NotifyPropertyChanged aspect by moving my View Models to separate .Net Standard 2.0 assembly. It also required to modify Prism.Windows library for UWP (i moved ViewModelBase and its dependencies to .Net Standard 1.0 assembly). It allows me to use PostSharp in UWP project to some degree. But functionalities like DependencyProperty Aspect is not available.

Best regards
    Michał Dębiec

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 28 Aug, 2018 12:19 PM

Hello,

I'd like to thank you again for being active in providing us the feedback. It helps us to plan what needs to be included in the next releases. Please consider also visiting the following user voice page to leave a comment and a vote on this feature: https://postsharp.uservoice.com/forums/4949-feature-requests/sugges...

The more users respond on the user voice page the higher is the chance that we will raise the priority of the UWP support. We are taking your feedback seriously, but we also need to take into account all the other factors when making a decision.

Best regards,
    -alex

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 11 Sep, 2018 03:40 PM

Hello Michal,

We are going to close this request as we believe it was answered. Please feel free to reopen the discussion if you need more help.

Best regards,
    PostSharp Team

5. PostSharp Technologies closed this discussion on 11 Sep, 2018 03:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac