Support for NuGet 3.0

Mike-EEE

02 Aug, 2016 02:25 PM

In a previous (now closed) issue, I had mistakenly asked/inquired about .NET Standard/.NET Core support . This is indeed on your radar for future release.

After familiarizing myself with the requirement and scenario that I am trying to achieve (enable my PCL to reference .NET Standard libraries in addition to the legacy/traditional PCLs), I see now that what I was looking for is not .NET Standard support, but rather NuGet 3.0 support. By simply upgrading my PCL to NuGet 3.0 (that is, project.json), my PCL can reference both traditional PCLs (e.g. PostSharp) and .NET Standard PCLs (e.g. Serilog 2.0).

In doing this for my PCL, it turns out that I I had no problem with any of my references with the exception of PostSharp. It appears that PostSharp does not follow the NuGet spec for .targets files by using a build folder to store them in (they are placed in tools instead). In NuGet 3.0, the <import /> references that are used in the csproj files are extracted and placed in a .nuget.targets file instead.

If they are placed in a build folder, that is. :)

I was curious if this is a known issue and/or if there are any plans to address it. Currently the fix I have to implement is retaining the import directive within the csproj, and be sure to update it if there are any updates.

Thank you for any consideration,
Michael

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by PostSharp Techn... on 05 Aug, 2016 10:14 AM

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. Currently, support for the new NuGet format is planned to come along with .NET Standard/.NET Core support. So, it should be expected in PostSharp 5.0. We may put this support in 4.3 as well if we see a benefit in that and if it doesn't break compatibility.

-alex

2. 2 Posted by Mike-EEE on 15 Aug, 2016 06:14 AM

Cool. Yeah... unfortunately there are some issues that I have found where it prevents a clean switch. For instance, it doesn't appear that assembly binding redirects are supported currently. I am pinging the NuGet team about this and seeing if there is something that can/will be done about it. It could be that I have an improper setting.

3. Mike-EEE closed this discussion on 15 Aug, 2016 06:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac